- Hutchings has been recognized for Michigan Green School status! Great job, Hutchings! We all should be very proud of this accomplishment! Special THANKS to Mrs. Palo for her hard work and getting the "ball rolling" for us to become a Green School!!
- All fourth grade classes will test Math Unit 8 on Tuesday, March 30.
- Spelling Test 23 Monday...no new spelling unit next week.
- Our classrooms are running low on Kleenex. Any donations would be appreciated!
- Wednesday is the last day to turn in slips for March is Reading Month!! Please make sure your child turns in a slip so our school can adopt an acre of rainforest!! We are Hutchings will be showing the movie The Jungle Book on the wall of the gym Wednesday for the end of March is Reading Month! The movie will be at 1:30. It should be a fun time!
- Bradner/Palo classes Southwest Map Quiz Wednesday. Burch Vocab. quiz Chapter 1 Wednesday.
- PLEASE make sure to send back spring pictures if you are not planning to purchase them. If you are, please send in your picture money by April 1. Thanks!!
- There is NO SCHOOL Friday, April 2 through Friday, April 9. Classes will resume on Monday, April 12. Enjoy your Spring Break!! :)
26 March 2010
12 March 2010
Field Trip!! Our Field Trip to Cranbrook is Tuesday (March 16). Please send students with a disposable sack lunch for the trip labeled with your child's name. We are leaving at 9:15 and we'll return to school at 3:15pm. At Cranbrook we will be viewing two exhibits: Season Changes and Moon Phases (planetarium) and Electricity and Magnetism! Sudents may have time to shop at the store, so they may bring a few dollars if they wish. Students will be responsible for holding their own money. Students may also bring a camera that they will be responsible for. Chaperones, please meet at school by 9am for grouping and instructions. Remember to pack yourself a lunch, and we will need you to drive separately and follow the busses. It's going to be a great trip!
Upcoming Tests: Burch/Highum Social Studies test on Chapters 8/9 is Wednesday, March 17. Spelling Test 21 is Monday (for all classes).
Penny Drive: The fourth graders earned a movie reward for the Penny Drive. We will be watching a G-rated movie in the afternoon on March 26. Awesome job, 4th graders!
Vocabulary packet info: Bradner/Palo tested unit one vocab today, so unit two packets will go home Monday. Burch vocab packets due Monday, Highum vocab packets due Wednesday.
READ! READ! READ! We are encouraging every student to turn in one slip so we can adopt an acre of Rainforest! :)
Girls on the Run begins Tuesday after school! Don't forget your running shoes, girls!
Rollerrama is Thursday, March 18, from 6:30-8:30.
The next After School Swim is March 26. Students need to have money, permission slip, and swim stuff. Sign up in the office the morning of the swim.
05 March 2010
- Thank you to Mrs. Sheehy, Mrs. Osterman, Mrs. Rollins, Mrs. Leventis, Mrs. Laupp, and Mrs. Spencer! Our rainforest hallway is beautiful! Take a look!!!! Special thank to Brad Dick and family who made 5 beautiful rainforest posters for our hallway!!!!!
- Picture day is this MONDAY--no money needed:)
- READ!! The goal is that EVERY students reads and turns in AT LEAST one slip by the end of the month! If we meet our goal, we adopt an acre of rainforest. This also is their book it calendars....turn in the blue calendar. We do not want to fill out two calendars.
- Math test is Wednesday (study guides will be coming home).
- Spelling test Monday.
- Purple progress report slips are due Monday (they are coming home today with your child).
- Vocabulary packets due Monday for Burch, Bradner, and Palo.