Your child is bringing home the Reading Month calendar, slips, and details on a blue piece of paper. Make sure to hang it up where he/she can record their reading for the Month. Fourth grade slips are worth 210 minutes each. The class that turns in the most reading slips will earn a jungle juice, tropical treat, bounce house party! In addition, we have set a school goal that every student will turn in at least one reading slip. If we reach our goal, we will donate money to adopt an acre of rainforest. Raffles for prizes will be held during the month for students who turn in more than two reading slips. We are looking forward to a fun reading month!
If you have any empty paper towel rolls or other recyclable items we could use to decorate our hallways like a rainforest, please send them in with your child on Monday. Thanks!
Monday: February Book-it calendars are due
Wednesday: Animal Magic Assembly & Waste Free Wednesday
Friday: Flashlight Reading
March 16 - Field Trip to Cranbrook. If you have not sent it your $16 donation, please do so as soon as possible. Have a great weekend!
12 February 2010
- No school on Monday, February 15, 2010! Enjoy!
- Carnival is next Friday, February 19, 2010! Please turn in all donations by Tuesday, February 16th, so we can assemble baskets:)
- No school for students on February 25th...this is a professional development day.
- Vocabulary packets due every Monday in Bradner/Palo classes...next week...the packet will be due on Tuesday (2/16), since we have no school on Monday.
- Spelling test on Tuesday, February 16th.
- Science test on Friday, February 19th in Bradner/Palo classes.