· Spelling Test 6 is Monday. Please remind your child to review their Words to Learn, Word Preview words, and their notes each week. We encourage you to use the blog for extra activities and practice. http://hutchings4th.blogspot.com
· Unit 3 Math Test is Tuesday. Review sheets are coming home today. Please make sure your child brings theirs back on Monday so we can correct it and review together!
· Our 4th graders will be participating in a math/science activity with gourds during “Gourdfest” on the morning of October 31. We are in need of gourd donations (every child will need his/her own small gourd), crafty supplies to decorate gourds, and tacky glue. We’ve heard from parents that Walmart may have them. Thank you for your donations!
· The school-wide Halloween parade will be at 2pm on October 31, with classroom parties following the parade. If you signed up to work during the Halloween Party, you will be contacted by your child’s teacher.
· The Book Fair is next week. Burch’s class will be browsing on Monday at 1:30pm and Bradner/Palo classes will be browsing on Tuesday at 1:30pm. All three classes will be shopping on Thursday, November 1 (Bradner/Palo @ 1:30pm and Burch @ 1:50pm). The Book Fair will also be open for parents Wednesday afternoon during the parade.
· The end of the quarter is Friday, November 2nd. Report Cards will be sent home with students on Wednesday, November 7th.
· Conferences are November 8th and 14th. Conference time reminders will be coming home today. Please return the slip provided so we know the time we have reserved for you will work. Thank you!
· We will be going on two field trips in December. We plan to go to the Community Theatre play, “Little Mermaid” on December 6 and to the Capitol in Lansing the following week. Specific information and permission slips will be coming home soon!